As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Friday, May 28, 2010

Up, Up, and Away... AND Free Challenges Spreadsheet

6/10/10 THIS CARD WON AT AUD SENTIMENTS! THANK YOU!
6/5/10 THIS CARD WON TOP 3 AT ALY'S SUNDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE...THANK YOU
Hi, How is everyone this fine, sunny afternoon?  I'm doing great! I just had so much fun making this card....and Yes, it is being entered into all of the challenges you see listed below! I think this is my record!!!

Maybe some of you wonder how I do this? Well, I figure today is a good day to tell you my secrets, lol... I have an Excel spreadsheet that has listed all the challenges that I am aware of. Everyday I get on the computer and log on to each of the challenges for that day and then update the spreadsheet with the new challenge of the week, if applicable...some are fortnightly or monthly. This gives me one place for me to have all of the challenges listed.

If you would like a copy of this spreadsheet template, and are a follower, please leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I will send it to you. If you would like one and are not a follower yet, please become a follower,  and I would be happy to send one to you, too!

Today, I decided I wanted to make a card using as many possible challenges as possible. So I went through my spreadsheet and chose all of the challenges that I thought could possibly work together on one card. I need to decide on a theme and sketch first, so I chose my theme to be vintage with hot air balloons. I chose the sketch at Papertake Weekly. I then rummaged through my masses of paper to try and pick out just the right ones. After choosing papers, I went through my embellishments and ribbons and fabrics to see what I thought might just work. I decided on the 2 K&Company ones and the music one was in my stash drawer. I looked at stamps and digis, too, but I decided for this card I wanted to use the Cricut. I then laid out all the elements I had picked and went to work....lol...trust me, the above, is a lot of work. Putting the card together is the easy part, as most of you know.

For this card, I used the Cricut to cut the balloons, butterfly, and tag. The balloons are from Summer in Paris, the butterfly from Storybook, and the tag from Plantin Schoolbook. I embossed one of the patterned papers using Cuttlebug's Textile folder, but it is hard to tell in the photo. I distressed all of the paper with the Tim Holtz distresser and then ink distressed on top of that. I added an eyelet to my tag and the sentiment is handwritten. I love how so many people keep track of who made each embellishment. Mine are not so organzed, unfortunately, so I can't say who made each little embelli. Just for FYI, the pearl in the center of the flower is actually a brad. The little square of fabric is from K&Company. The corner punch and one of the border punches are Fiskars. The lace border punch is MS. Everything else is from my stash drawers.

OK....ready for all of the challenges:

Create 4 Fun - vintage
Kraftin' Kimmie - how charming!
Bee Crafty - something new (just bought Summer in Paris)
Aly's Sunday Sketch - bows and ribbon
Creative Inspirations - punches or die cuts
Moxie Fab  World - fabric
Polly Craft - buttons and butterflies
Pile it On - out of the box (Summer in Paris just came out of the box)
Practical Scrappers - felt, fabric, or tule
Craft Your Passion - crackles or distressing
There She Goes Color Challenge - altered corners and border punch
The Crazy Challenge - It's a girl thing (lace and pearls and flowers)
Basic Grey - punch it
A Spoon Full of Sugar - celebrations
Papertake Weekly - sketch
Creative Card Crew - pink and green
Partner in Crime - birthday
Little Red Wagon - birthday
Cricut Cardtz - brads or eyelets
Quixotic - emboss
Flutter by Wednesday - open
Tellen's Place - pink and brown
Stamp Something - birthday with DP, ribbon, bow, tag
The Creative Cottage - blooming charming
Crafts and Me - distressed
Cooking it up with Katie - wings, petals, pink
Stampin Royalty - rich razzleberry, certainly celery, pretty in pink
Aud Sentiments - "It's Your Day..."
Your Next Stamp - border punch
Sew Many Challenges - 3 embellishments or techniques and a charm
ABC Challenge - vintage
Simon Says - pink, green, brown
Fussy and Fancy - 3 images, 3 embellishments, 3 dp
My Favorite Thing - take note (music paper)
Digi Doodle Shop - anything goes
Pixie Cottage - tag
Creative Craft - ribbons and bows
Paperplay - "Up in the Air"
Pixie Dust - anything round (pearl, eyelet, buttons)
Totally Gorguss - things with wings
Delightful Sketches - texture

80 comments:

  1. This is one gorgeous card!!! I find it difficult to go wrong with K&Co. Three more pads came home with me from JoAnn's (don't you love the smell of them?).

    I try to keep track of the embellies, but some are over 20 years old lol. I just might have to try a challenge. Great info, TFS : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at the CCC blog!
    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the image!
    I'd like the spreadsheet please, just in case there are any not in my "little black book"! LOL
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    katetate@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin'Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant looking card! I love the vintage feel it has, and your color choices are awesome. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful creation just love it!Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations.Good luck hope to see you on sunday for the next challenge.
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. So feminine and girly. Thanks for sharing it with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular number of challenges and I am sure you will do well with your beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for playing along at Aud sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card! Thank you for joining Pollycraft challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!! Thanks for joining us at PIO! We hope you will be back to join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply stunning,so very pretty.Thanks for sharing with Digi Doodle Shops Best this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW SO MANY CHALLENGES, WELL DONE YOU. lovely card, great papers, thanks for sharing with SMC x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card is so pretty and Rose-mantic, he he! Good job on all the challenges! Think my head would start spinning if I did that many! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous project! I love that DP and that Bow and Charm are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! And you are entering in so much challenges :)I wish you good luck and hope to see you again at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! You did a marvelous job on your project! Thanks a bunch for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and as always Good Luck!!!

    KymKreates

    PS You are a woman after my heart. I would love to have your spreadsheet. Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh this is one fab card hun love the image great layout too many thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. just me back again hun, forget my head if it wernt screwed on, he he thanks for joining us over at the pixie cottage hope to see you again soon,love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great distressed project. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great way to keep track of your challenges in an Excel spreadsheet - very clever! This is a pretty card with the cutest papers and wonderful distressing. The burlap is really a great texture addition! Love the hot air balloons! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card and thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and I look forward to enjoying your creation again. Good Luck !

    Harriet

    PS I would love the excel template for the challenges ....hartofhearts.1016@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card and Thank You for joining us this week over at 'The Crazy Challenge' good luck!!

    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Good for you! I hope you do a follow up post letting us know how many of these challenges you won! What a great idea with the spreadsheet too. This card is stunning! You can definitely tell you put alot of work into this one! Thanks for joining ust at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow you are challenge hungry!! This has such a lovely vitage look! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this wk hugs Rebekah x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card, and nice way to add a tag. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty. I love these colors very elegant.

    Thank you very much for participating in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my shabby goodness ... look at all those challenges -- what FUN! Unique design! Thanks for sharing with us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh woow looks so Adorable...very great element all on your card...Love your card Kim E..I am joining too There She Goes Challenge for the first time, would you mind to see my Blog? Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  32. Holy Toledo Batman....I didn't even know all those challenges existed LOL:-)) Love the shabby look of your card and the soft muted colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is really gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing! You have such amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! Love the details!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow stunning card.. it has such a glamor look too.. thank you for joining us this week on CRAFT YOUR PASSION :))) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! You rocked those challenges! Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love the spreadsheet and am a follower. Alyssasmom98@aol.com and thanks for playing at Aly's wonderful Card:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card , the colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  40. First of all, look at all those challenges! You absolutely rock! It's the most I've seen one person enter at one time. You need an award for that at least! Your card is gorgeous. Love the vintage feel. Thanks for playing with us at Pollycraft this week!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  41. lovely card! thanks for sharing this with us at cricutcardz :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, this is stunning,thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is fabulous! I need to take some Cricut lessons from you - it seems like I only use it to cut letters. *lol* Thanks for joining us this week at DDSB! :)

    -Jo:)
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fab card Hun and well done on fitting it into so many challenges. Would love the spreadsheet if poss. Thanks for cooking it up with Katie this week and Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, Kim - that is one successful system you've got going there!!! And a lovely card, love the vintage touches and those balloons.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lovely Kim, thanks for joinng us at Delightful Sketches and Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful creation!! Thanks for joining SEW MANY this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is a beautiful card! Love the balloon die cuts, and the fabric textures! Thanks for playing along at Tellen's Place!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is so pretty thanks for sharing with us at Digi doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  50. beautiful, really like the feel of this card!!! thanks so much for playing along with PIO and the crazy.
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  51. This card is really adorable. Really love it.Thanks for joining our bloghop and challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  52. Omg how did you manage to find so many challenges lol. fab card though. Thanks so much for joining us at The Crafts and Me Challenge blog this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow that is a lot of challenges!! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at TG.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  54. A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love the vintage feel to this card!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a beautiful card and an impressive amount of challenges! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

    ReplyDelete
  57. great job on multiple challenges! glad you worked in the tag! love the balloons! thank you for playing with us at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Seriously? a spreadsheet? That is wicked genius!!! Your card is so pretty- love the hot air balloons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful card and such a pretty choice of colours and flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful - amazing number of challenges - wow.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  61. Not much left to say, but amazing card! I love it!
    Thank you for playing with us at "Crazy challenge" and "PIO"!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  62. You rocked on completing a lot of challenges for your card! Beautiful and simple with great use of pink and brown. Thanks for playing with us at Tellen's Place!

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  63. How you managed that i'll never know. Great card too. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  64. That is a beautiful card and it has such a pretty vintage feel to it.
    Girl that is a lot of challenges!! LOL I'm one of your followers and I'd like a copy of your spreadsheet. I think it's very sweet of you to offer it after all of the hard work you put into it. :) Thank you.

    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments - hope you'll join us again!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love the Vintage effect of this card, it's really pretty. :) So clever for you to keep track with the challenges using a spreatsheet. ;)
    Thanks for joining DS.

    Roslaien

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the colors, so pretty! Thanks for playing at SMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  67. What a brilliant idea with the spreadsheet, i just followed and would love a copy!
    Im at penny@buschcreations.com

    Now for the real reason i poppped in! Thanks for playing in the Cooking it up with Katie challenge, im sure we will see your wonderful work again soon! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  68. What an amazing number of challenges for this fabby creation! Thanks for including Cooking it up with Katie!
    I'd like the spreadsheet please, an email link is on my blog page.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  69. This is so soft and pretty, I love the balloons. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  70. wow thats lots of challenges!!..thanks for joining us at TG this week..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful card, so very vintage! Love it! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. WOW! How Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow this looks amazing, I love the colours. Good luck with the SMC blog hop and thanks for joining in.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  74. Very Pretty!

    Thank you for taking the challenge at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Georgeous! Thanks for playing with Pixie Dust Stuidios this week!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Just Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Delightful Sketches & Challenges

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is just beautiful! Love the lace and the lace look with the paper and punch. Really pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Delightful Sketches. Good luck and I hope to see you creativity again!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hey Kim! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. Holy challenges Batman!! Great job - such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Wow, that's a lot of challenges! Gorgeous card, I love the colors and textures! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete