As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Monday, May 24, 2010

Flutterings

Fussy and Fancy this week is challenging us to use 3 images, 3 types of embellishments, and 3 designer papers. Stampacular Sunday is challenging us to use pearls and swirls. I decided to take on these two challenges with this card, using the sketch at Our Creative Corner. I stamped the two swirly butterflies and the "flutter" with Versamark and then heat embossed them to give them a sparkly look (hard to see in photo). I layered my 3 designer papers (K&Company), two of which have swirls in them,  and then added pearls, the ribbon with the bow, and two butterflies cut using the Cricut Stamping Solutions cartridge (my 3 types of embellishments). I added a little extra stickles to my butterflies and distressed the edges of my oval which was cut using my Spellbinders nestabilities and then popped up using dimensionals. I hope you enjoy.
Other challenges:
Cricut Cardz - bird or butterfly with any cartridge
Creative Craft - blue and brown
Pixie Dust - add a pearl to project
Stamp Something - 2 of something (2 butterflies)
Sew Many Challenges  - anything goes
Aly's Sunday Sketch - bows and ribbon
Creative Inspirations - punches or die cuts

28 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim I really love the colours,and thos butterflies.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the Fussy & Fancy Recipe. I love what you have done here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the colors!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and I love these colours together. Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust Studios Challenge.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful butterflies. Love your color combo. Thanks for playing along at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Kim this is a real beauty what wonderful colours loving that image this is one fabby card thank you for sharing it with us at SMC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!! Love that color combo! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and DP! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Pixie Dust! I’m having a “Count the Pearls” Contest on my blog
    Here You could win a digi from the new “Pearl” Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love those colors and the butterflys are fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sew Many Cards. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty, love the colors and those butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week, don't forget to join our blog hop for more prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, it's lovely. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! My fav. color combo! Gorgeous butterflies! Your card ROCKS!
    Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge Spot“! I look forward to seeing more of your FABULOUS CRAFTY WORK in the future!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterflies and I love the colour you've used. Good luck at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us on the CCC blog!
    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh love this its just gorjus love the image and colurs you have used too thanks for joining in with my challenge at creative inspirations,this week good luck hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOoooh this is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

    I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very elegant :) Love the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! You won some blog candy on my blog! I need your address so I can get it in the mail to you :0)
    Hugs,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fabulous swirly, pearlie, flutterby creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, love the swirls and butterflys.

    Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at Sew Many Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the butterflies. Thanks so much for playing Aly's

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, love the butterflies! Great take on this weeks challenge of Swirls and Pearls at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty!

    Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, love the combination of blue and brown! Thanks for becoming a follower of City Crafter Challenge Blog (www.citycrafter.blogspot.com), hope to see your creation at CCCB soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty, I love those swirly butterflies.

    Thank you very much for participating in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card--I love the butterflies, papers and color scheme! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete