As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Friday, April 9, 2010

If the Shoe Fits.....Sew It???



This card was inspired by so many challenges that are currently out there! I don't have a clue where to start. Well, I'll start with the fact that I sewed something!! Yes, not faux stitching...real stitching!! You have no idea how huge this is. I never sew....ANYTHING! But...Crafty Cardmakers has "challenge yourself," so I did. I bought floss and needles and went at it. I'm just so proud of myself, lol. The sketch that inspired me is Crafty Catz. I took that sketch and the color challenge at Play Date Cafe (plum, lavender, cream) and the shoe challenges at Die Cut Dreams and Daring Cardmakers, and went at it! As I started picking out papers, I decided to go for a vintagey look (Creative Card Crew). I decided to also take on the challenge at Stamp with Fun of using 3 papers, 3 flowers, and 2 buttons. My background is not a paper, but stamped with a florish stamp and Tim Holtz milled lavender. I took all of the already mentioned challenges, and started thinking about what kind of shoe I wanted. After looking through my Cricut booklets, I found this fantastic shoe in Graphically Speaking. . I cut it out in the plum patterned foil paper and black so that I could make the heel a different color. I added two types of stickles to fancy-up my shoe. I stitched my border, layered everything, added a ribbon, bow, 2 buttons, and 3 flowers, and stamped "Just a Little Note" and the card just came together.
Other Challenges this card fits in to:
Pollycraft - anything goes
Flourishes Timeless - if you bought it, use it (flourish stamp)
Tellen's Place - all about me....I LOVE shoes!!!
The Creative Cottage - buttons and bows
Cute Card Thursday - shades of one color
Pals Paper - flowers
Paper Cutz - 3 patterned papers
Stampin' for the Weekend - ribbons and bows
Meljen's Designs - girly colors
Simple Doodles - inspire others
C.R.A.F.T. - buttons
Stamping Vacation - pick 3(4) 1) create your own stamped background 2) use any type of die cutting machine (cricut) 3) do something that can be real or faux and do it either way (sew) 4) make something glitter
One Stitch at a Time - anything goes

41 comments:

  1. wonderful card, love all your challenges you've added it too also, thanks for making Crafty Catz one of them, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of challenges Kim. You've been very creative with this card. Thanks for joining us again at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done you for trying something new..and what a lot of challenges!!..love your big bow ...thanks for joining us at TG this week..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim what a fantastic girlie card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for joining us over at OSAAT, Lovely card and detail, pop back tomorrow for result and details for next challenge Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, real stitching, you're a braver crafter than I am :P
    Love your card, and I've been trying to think of a footwear themed one to make myself tonight, but my Mojo doesn't seem to want to play.
    Thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT, don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge and find out who won this one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Kim, love the shoe cards, can't get enough real shoes, so cards will have to do lmao...awesome job...thanks for sharing with us again at OSAAT..hope you stop by next week...good luck

    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is this card - I love that shoe and I don't blame you - that's like the perfect card for anyone - shoes! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a pretty card, I love the oversized bow.

    Thanks for playing along at Die Cut Dreams and Creative Card Crew this week

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card hun and thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our "anything goes"challenge.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi hun this is one gorjus card,bless you for joining us over at OSAAT love hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is lovely great snazzy stitching thanks for playing our Shoes & Boots challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Thanks for playing in the MelJen's Designs Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stylish card!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card Kim!
    Thank you for coming over to paly at C.R.A,F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute ;)

    Thank you for joining the MelJen's challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely project. I'm so glad you joined the SFTW and DCD challenges this time and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya hun - fabulous work with this card.
    Thank you for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely card Kim! :o)

    Thanks for joining us over at SFTW and good luck!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kim, lovely to see you joining us at CRAFT Challenge again this week. Great buttons card. Thank you for joining us and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Buttons and bows and ribbons and roses. Love your beautiful card. So pretty. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty and WOW that is a ton of challenges you rocked :)
    thanks for joining us on SD this week

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great way to challenge yourself with so many Blog Challenges. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sew sweet! Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good afternoon hunny and wow what a fabulous shoe, wouldn't mind a pair of these myself. thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A fab card. I love shoes too, but my obsession is handbags. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful, Kim! Way to combine so many challenges.. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the cutest card--fabulous shoe and great embellies! Thanks for playing along at Tellen's Place.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute card, I love the shoe!! Well done for fitting into so many challenges, but even more so for sewing! I keep threatening to do it, but usually go back to faux stitching, so well done you on taking up the challenge, your card looks fab! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow!!! What a fun shoe!!!! This is fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab card Kim,what a super Shoe.
    Thanx for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gosh what a lot of challenges this lovely card fits! Thanks for making play date one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice card! thanks for playing along with us this week at PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  37. Haha I never sew anything either! OH has been waiting 2 months for me to put a button back on a shirt lol! Well done on having a go, card has turned out fab!

    Thank You for challenging yourself at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  38. very pretty!!! thanks so much for playing along with SD.
    trish

    ReplyDelete