As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vintage Mother's Day Gratitude


This card was inspired by the Vintage challenge at the Cuttlebug Spot. On Friday, I found these flowers for a smoking deal at Michael's and they just screamed vintage to me. When I saw the sketch challenge at Sketch Saturday, I knew that was the layout I wanted to use. I stamped and embossed the image with Tim Holtz embossing powder and then distressed around the edges and toward the image. I used 3 different colors to try and get an "old" look. I added just a tad of distressed blue stickles to her hat band. The layout called for 5 items on top and 5 on bottom. I thought all flowers would be too much, so I did the 3 flowers with 2 matching leaves and then 5 eyelets on the bottom. I embossed the bottom strip using my CB Victoria embossing folder and cut the sentiment out of another piece of designer paper. I thought the end result was perfect for gratitude for a mother who likes antiques and vintage collectibles. It actually reminds me of my Mom, but she passed away 13 years ago, so it would be in memory of her. Thanks for your wonderful challenges that continue to inspire me to make more cards than I could ever send out....lol...I appreciate your comments and the time you spend stopping by to look.


Challenges for Vintage Mother's Day Gratitude Card:




Cupcake Craft - flower power




Cute Daisy May - Mother's Day

Etsy Inspired - 3 Dot's Jewelry (necklaces!) especially "shooting star"

10 comments:

  1. Very posh and elegant card, gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining is on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, love the colors and the sophistication of this card!! Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful and I love those flowers, a lovely memory to your mum
    and no I'm not getting fed up with looking at your lovely creations thank you for sharing them with us again at Ooh La La your welcome any time
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, thanks for joining us at Oll
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! Love the flowers. Thanks for playing along this week at TCS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely! Those color choices are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hun! love how you used the eyelets!!!
    It's a lovely Mother's Day card!
    Blessings, Maria

    thank you for playing along with Creative Belli and Cute Daisy May!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gorgeous card, great colours and fab image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete