As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Friday, March 5, 2010

Shabby Chic Springtime Bird


The inspiration behind this card came from several challenges, as well as the fact that I just bought some lace ribbon and was dying to do a "shabby chic" card (even though that's not in any of the challengs this week..lol) The cracked glass challenge over at Cuttlebug motivated me to try this techniqe. So I stamped my image and colored it with watercolor pencils and some stickles. I let this dry overnight and then I covered it with Versamark and generously sprinkled UTEE over it and then melted the UTEE with my heat gun.. I repeated this process 4 times. After the final melting, I let it cool for a few minutes and then I put it in the freezer for about 7 minutes. When I took it out, I gently bent it in several directions so it would crack. I incorporated the OCC sketch into my project by using the lace as the two vertical pieces. I then distressed some little flowers and layered them and added some bling to the center of each one. Put them in 3 of the corners with my big bow in the fourth. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out...what do you think?

Inspiring Challenges:

Crazy 4 - 3 different textures
OCC- sketch
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle - sparkle and shine
Cupcake Craft - round
Pollycraft - distressing
Papertake - bow and bling
Flourishes Timeless - scallops
Cuttlebug Challenge - cracked glass
Quixotic - leaves (on the patterned paper)
Your Next Stamp - Big Bow
Crafty Ann's - new technique (cracked glass)
Pals Paper - spring
Paper Play - just because
AiFactory - some blue, a bow, and bling
Daring Cardmakers - aquamarine
Practical Scrappers - chalks and ink
Polka Doodles - wings (stamped)
Humble Pie - spring
Lexi's Creations - anything goes
Frosted Designs - favorite technique - distressing the edges of paper and other elements; although doing the cracked glass technique is sure a lot of fun!!!!

30 comments:

  1. this is BEAUTIFUL, Kim! so elegant and love the shabby-vintage-chic of the whole card. thanks for playing with us for our big celebration at The TownScrapper! (formerly Humble Pie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be delighted with how it turned out Kim - it's just gorgeous!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is lovely and very classy,thank you for joining us at pollycraft

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kim, this card is wonderful!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your work at Lexi's Creations! Thanks for joining us and... good luck!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, what a beautiful card. I love the image and the lace and ribbon bow are stunning. The vintage/shabby chic style is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique - love the vintage look! Thanks for playing a PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again.
    Sorry, clicked the button before I said thank you for joining in Crafty Annn's challenge.
    It wouldn't let me delete the first comment and start again.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the glossy effect - looks like almost like a plaque ... stunning.

    Thanks for joining us on Paperplay this week and especially since it is my first time setting the challenge. Many thanks ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours of your card and the way you have crackle glazed your image. Beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Kim I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back and have a gold star this is one amazing card the centre image looks like a shiny tile what a wonderful technique, I adore that lace, flowers and bow, well done you and thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim it's me again I have visited you several times as part of my DT role and I have always been so impressed with your work so I have become one of your followers I just love to follow crafter's who offer such talent, creativity and inspiration.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a stunning card. The embellishment is amazing. TFS : ).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhhh such a pretty card Kim. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card thanks for playing along at lexis creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh I think it's fabulous! I love the cracked glass technique you've used and the stickles adds a great touch too

    Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous card, love the image and the utee thanks for joining in with polkadoodles this week ju x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim

    What a lovely card you have made and I love the vintage style look. I love other peoples' version but never like my own vintage cards.

    Thank you for taking the time to enter this into the Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. I was lucky enough to be a Guest Designer this month so I am looking at all the lovely creations and seeing how others interpreted the challenge.

    Take care and my best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Kim. I love the cracked glass and that gorgeous big bow.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The lace is beautiful! I can see why you were dying to use it! I saw the crackled glass technique too and am wanting to try it... yours looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, the cracked glass looks stunning, as does your bow and lace.
    Thanks for joining in again with CACB.

    ReplyDelete
  23. very pretty, that bird image is fab!!

    Thanks for taking the cracked glass challenge with us at, cuttlebug challenge blog~ Shantaie

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful and elegant card. Makes me feel quite serene. Thanks for entering the Polka Doodles challenge

    Luv Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely vintage look to your card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful card, love the oversized bow.

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous work! Thanks for joining us at CACB this time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for playing along in our wings project at Polkadoodles. Fab card - gorgeous bird! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining our Big Bow challenge at Your Next Stamp Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just beautiful!! Love all the 'bellies, especially the big bow! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!

    ReplyDelete