As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine with Clear Heart


This card is a compilation of new techniques for me. It started with the fact that a challenge this week is for paper piecing. I have never done this before, and I'm hoping I did it right. I took the stamp of the three hearts and pieced it together using the two different card stocks. I then cut the entire image out so it would be 3-d on my card. The next technique I tried was sanding my embossed image. I embossed the nestabilities with the cuttlebug divine swirls folder and then sanded it. I used cooredinations cardstock for this. Finally, I embossed plastic with the cuttlebug heart. I had seen someone else do this technique earlier this week and I was so excited to try it. The plastic really embosses well! This card meets the following challenges:

Posh Designs - sketch
My Grafico - metal
Lili of the Valley and Just Buggin' - valentine
Fab 'n' Funky - emboss
Paper Play and and Craft and Charisma and Papertake - love
Polka Doodles - paper piecing

24 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a good piece of paper piecing Kim. Fantastic card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those heart brads. Great use of metal!
    Thanks for joining in at MyGrafico.
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim

    A really elegant card with lots of interest and texture.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is adorable, loving those hearts
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love the hearts. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our Valentine challenge! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Kim. I love the sanding and the layered hearts. Well done for trying all those new techniques.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, those patterned hearts are beautiful! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Gorgeous card, love the colouring and embossing. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim it is always a pleasure for me stopping by your blog and seeing your projects, this is another lovely one. Thanks for joining us over at Just Buggin

    Come back soon

    Best wishes Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby card Kim...Thank you for playing along with the Fab'n'Funky challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card. don't you just love coredinations? it's my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card - very pretty .Thanks for joining in the fun at Polkadoodles this week
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect for Valantines Day. Love the paper pieced hearts. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for playing along in the Polkadoodles Paper piecing challenge! Lovely mix of textures! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Great techniques! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful paper piecing card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete