As of 8/29/10

As of 8/29/10

Honored Member of Posse

Honored Member of Posse

Honored to be an

Honored to be an

Proud

Proud

Monday, February 8, 2010

Soothing Sympathy


This card was inspired by many elements. First, I loved the sketch for Sketch Saturday this week. So that was my starting point. Next, I purchased a new Martha Stewart stamp (the bird) and border punch so I, of course, wanted to use these! That met the challenge requirements for the ABC Challenge (N is for New). I colored my bird with watercolor pencils and did a second one so I could pop it and give my card some extra dimension. My bird has wings, the challenge at Crafty Creations this week. I really wanted to do the Distressed with Buttons and a Bow over at All Sorts. I used Tim Holtz distressed inks around my edges. I used the cricut cartridge Graphically Speaking for my flower and cut the flourishes with my Cuttlebug. I used some soothing K&Company patterned papers and a sheer ribbon for my bow (ribbon for Creative Belli). Topped my flower with a gold button and the end creation could really be used for many ocassions, but I will probably use it as a sympathy card.


Thanks for taking a peek at my latest creation...and thanks for all of the great challenges which inspire me.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Belli challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week with your beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the bird and the flourish. Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this beautiful work! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wings project - thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challegne thsi time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, very pretty

    thankyou for joining us this week at Allsorts

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful...love the pretty bird image and the soft, delicate colors!!! thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nature colors tones -- lovely card and image! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete